Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Microwave Mango Halwa (Food Remake)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
All of you know that I have a sweet tooth (sets of sweet teeth!!! ). And Mango is my favorite fruit(who does not like mango??????   ). 
When I was going through Srivalli's   Mango Mela ...   I got this recipe from Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes, I could not wait to make it. Immediately I tried it!!! (Thanks Valli for holding such wonderful events that one can access to many blogs with variety of food from one place)


And!!! I got it right!! It tasted divine!! It tasted like Mango flavored  Sohan Halwa (which we get in Market or sweet shops). I finished it within half a day, (gave little to mom, and my kids do not like sweet). 
Click Mango Halwa for the recipe.I am also giving the details.
Mango pulp - 1 cup (Sweet mango is better)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp 
Finely chopped almonds - 1 tbsp
Transfer the Mango pulp and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Keep it on HIGH for 10 minutes, keep stirring in between. Add ghee and cook in microwave for another 2 minutes. Now add half of chopped almonds, cardamom powder and cook for one more minute.
Spread remaining chopped almonds in a bowl. Add the halwa in that bowl, press it nicely, and turn upside down on a serving plate.
The Halwa is ready to eat!!
THIS CAN BE PREPARED ON THE GAS STOVE ALSO.COOK IT IN A THICK BOTTOMED PAN. COOKING IT THE SAME WAY WE DID IN MICROWAVE, BUT KEEP ON STIRRING ALL THE TIME AS IT MAY GET BURNT. IT GIVES THE SAME TASTE.
Thanks Priya for so wonderful recipe.

Keep Smiling,

8 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Wow Nivi, thanks for trying dear, glad they turned out perfect and u enjoyed a lot..Even i loved and finished then quickly..

Indian Khana said...

Looks yummy.. new to me this one

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks delicious!!!

Usha said...

Lovely halwa, looks delicious !

Kiran said...

Nice and easy mango halwa.Looks yummy.

Sindhura said...

mmm delicious mango halwa.....

Hayley said...

looks yummy..I've got so many mangoes in the house..make it sometime..

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said...

Lovely and quick halwa looks very delicious...

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog