Friday, August 6, 2010

Idli, Soup and Sweet from Veg Inspirations for T&T

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
The blog selected  for this month's Tried & Tasted event is one of those blogs, where you get everything which you can follow blindly and get the good food at home. I am doing the same. Usha of  Veg Inspirations  has huge number of recipes in each category. Most of the times I will be browsing for some recipe and I end up in visiting her blog.
This happened when I got the recipe for making Microwave milk pedha. I got recipe to make it, and that recipe was inspired by Usha's pedhas!!
I have tried many recipes before also, but have not clicked any photos. But, now for the event, I have clicked the photos. 
First one I tried last month is, 
Barley Pinto Bean Soup : I followed the exact recipe except olive oil as It was out of stock and the Celery, which we do not get here. The taste was very good. Its healthy. I loved it, my daughter had it but was not much happy with the taste as she is not used to barley taste.

The second one was 
Quick & Simple Milk Fudge ( Microwave Doodh pedha ...) I followed it except the kesar or saffron and Pista for garnishing. I do not know why the color of pedhas are different from her photo.

The third one was 
Instant Oats Idli : I copied it exactly!! These softest and just melt in mouth idlis are really good breakfast or evening snack for everyone. I have kept full box of prepared oats and semolina powder to make idlis again.

and linking it to the original creator  Zlamushka.

Keep Smiling,
Nivedita

11 comments:

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Lovely and tasty recipes ..

Hari Chandana P said...

Very delicious recipes nivedita.. thank you :)

Akila said...

Wow... simply superb.. lokks yummy ....

Akila said...

Wow...thats looks lovely....

Nitha said...

Great recipes..

Guna's kitchen said...

dat sreally delicious soup.. and sweet.. very simple and intresting

Kiran said...

All the three items look delicious.
You can send the soup to CWF:Barley event.

Satya said...

all of them r looks so delicious

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

janet said...

Lovely round-up of recipes! Thank you for participating in T&T. :)

Unknown said...

idli sambhar is my favorite kind of breakfast and wow, I am drooling all over that doodh peda :)

I have few peda recipes that I need to post for your event :)

Unknown said...

that indeed looks a nice platter :) love the pedas so much ! soup always makes me want more of it :)

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog