Tried and tasted by Nivedita
I am blessed with the kids who are not very fussy about the food. The little one is little choosy but always prefers the good food. Both are not much into junk food.
Everyday she should be ready by 7:20 in the morning, I should be always ready with her breakfast before 6:30. Usually I ask her what she would like to have in the morning for breakfast and will make according to that. Am I giving too much choice to her!! But, I feel the breakfast is the first food in the morning and I want her to have it full and enjoy it too. Anyways, her lunch is always my choice so I am not worried about the strict laws.
Coming to today's recipe, my younger one loves this! Porridge :-), I prepare porridge with fine semolina, oats, rice flour, ready idly batter.. She loves everything.
Today is the time to share the recipe of Rice flour and oats porridge. Its very easy and I know many of you also make it.
Here is my version,
The recipe is for one cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Oats or Oats powder- 3 tbsp
Water - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp(do not add if giving for younger children)
A pinch of hing or cumin powder(optional)
Ghee - 1 tsp to serve
- Take the water and milk in a thick bottomed vessel keep to boil.
- When it starts boiling, add the rice powder and oats, keep stirring as there is a chance of getting rice flour lumps.
- Once it is mixed well, keep on low flame and cook for few more minutes. Keep watching for the water consistency. Add some more water if you feel the porridge has become more thick or its still not cooked.
- Add hing or cumin powder and pepper powder.
- Remove from the heat, add salt. Mix well.
- Serve hot with ghee.
- Its good for those also who are not keeping well(minus the ghee)
- Serve with roasted paapad and pickle for dinner.
Sending this to three events.
The First one is
Nithu's ongoing event:
which is started by Jagruti
The Second one is Jagruti's
The third one is Srivalli's