Friday, January 8, 2010

Kitchen Mishaps!!!

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Is there any one who learnt cooking before messing up the whole kitchen, self painting your face with flours or burning poor vessels!!! I really feel very bad for the vessels in the kitchen, these are our victims which tolerate all our crime on them. But may be even the vessels will feel happy if our food turns out good, which is not regular for new bees.(hey, just for fun)

I do not believe in PRACTICE MAKES MAN PERFECT!!   NO! Because no one is perfect in this world.
But  FOR SURE, PRACTICE BRINGS MAN NEAR TO THE PERFECTION.
So Girls, do not loose your hope if you are not getting success in the beginning.
Now coming to the title, I started thinking about my funny, bad or very bad experiences or mishaps. But these are not funny to sit and enjoy the reading.
As I told before, first thing I learnt to make was  Upma. When I learnt(at the age of 7) and started making it, first it was always either more watery or was half cooked with raw onion smell. But as the days passed I learnt to make it tasty and edible.
Next I remember is to make Jowar rotis. I really do not remember how many rotis I might have wasted either while patting it or frying or cooking. But I learnt it after very long time practice.
And then comes the TEA. I always used to get scoldings from my uncle(Father's brother), because he never liked my tea. Either it used to be like hot water or it used be more sugary or some times like only plain milk!!
My most worst mishap is with sago kichadi! It becomes like rubber always. Now also, if kichadi comes out perfect, its like a celebration for me.
Then comes the rice preparations, Till 6 months back , I always got scared to make any type of pulao, bath, biryani!It always turned out to a disaster. No one liked my rice as it was always bland without salt or any masala. But as my daughter loves to take rice for her lunch I forced my self to learn more of these dishes and now I can make variety of rice!
Now a days my most disaster food is baking the cake. My cake always turns out like a stone!!! or comes out with dark burnt ring on the edge. Or my cake is never cooked.
But!! I do not have any pictures taken when these mishaps took place. 
I hope you will visualize the photos and read it. Sorry!


Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

Malar Gandhi said...

Dear Nivedita,

Thanks for the entry, I really appreciate it. I too have bunch of such disasters...we are all in the same boat:) Yeah well said, no one is perfect. Its nice to share, laugh and learn, right:)

I liked your anecdote'...pictures are not mandatory:)

Have a great weekend.:)

Lena Jayadev said...

im also in the same boat.. :) i was laughing throughout your post... :)

Jagruti said...

Hi Nivedita

there is a say without fall you won't learn to walk..same here...:)
for that reason i kept
my blogs discription is here on my blog please do visit and leave a comment

http://joyofcooking.blogspotcom

Nithu Bala said...

I love your way of writing..yeah, thatz true no one is so perfect..although we do cooking regularly, we do make things mess up often..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog