Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Being and integrated country, India is famous for its unity in diversity. Each state has its own culture. In each state, there are many mini India with rich culture of their own to follow. The blogging world has introduced such wonderful customs, food and recipes to each other and brought us together.
THIRATTUPAAL is one of the recipe which has a very sweet custom with it. Shanti of Shanthi Krishnakumar's cook book has shared this recipe in her blog.Read in her words:
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Keep a small plate in it to prevent the charring of the milk.
- Boil the milk till it becomes almost half and gets curdled.
- Remove the plate and add jaggery.
- Mix well. Add cardamom powder.
- Add ghee and keep on stirring it the jaggery get mixed well with the milk and starts leaving the sides.
- Remove from the heat and transfer it into the serving bowl.