Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Beetroot being a red blood root vegetable which is very easily available all over the year. I love the color and the shape of the beet. Eventhough I am not a big fan of beet, but love to try new recipes with it as my elder daughter loves it.
I too like it, if I try something new way. The down recipe is one of those, which I love to eat it often.
(The other photo which I presented these fingers nicely is missing somewhere!!, Please bear with me for this not so clean photo)
Beet root - 2 big
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Amchur(dry mango powder) - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Oil to fry
- Boil the beetroot. When cool, peel the skin and cut into finger size bytes.
- Mix the salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and dry mango powder. Keep it ready in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When its hot, slip the beet slowly in batches and fry on high flame for first one minute. Then fry on medium heat for few minutes or till the skin turns light brown. Transfer it into a plate(with kitchen tissue on it).
- Sprinkle the ready powder on it and mix it well.
- Repeat with remaining batch.
- Serve hot.
Sending it to,
Srivalli's Announcing Kid's Delight ~ Finger Food