Tried and tasted by Nivedita
How are you?
Summer is here and cold things are in.. The refrigerator is full of juices, ice creams, squash, Tang, Rasna..
Hey wait, I think last year also, I started with the same sentences :-)
That doesn't matter anyways, we have to concentrate on today's recipe.
Its Grape Ice cream. It was my elder daughter's wish. And how could I say NO to her..
Before also I have prepared Ice creams many times but this time it was something special, it was the softest Ice cream I ever had at home..
I don't know the reason, but I am giving you the step by step procedure, try and let me know whether you too got the same taste and texture.
Milk - 1/2 liter (I used thick milk Kolhapur brand)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Grapes - 1 cup
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
Vanilla Custard Powder - 3 tbsp(CHIEF INGREDIENT :-) )
Fresh cream - 3 tbsp(I have saved it from 2 days milk and stored in the fridge.
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan and wait until cold.
- Till its cold,
- Prepare the grapes puree by putting in the mixi.
- Transfer it into glass bowl or Plastic bowl. Cover it and keep in the freezer.
- Take out the half cup of milk.
- Add the Corn flour and Vanilla Custard powder. Mix well till no lumps.
- Keep the milk to boil with sugar added. Once the sugar is dissolved and milk starts boiling,
- Add the cornflour and custard powder mix. Be careful, keep on stirring, otherwise the milk will burn at the bottom. Boil for few minutes(5 to 7 minutes is fine). Remove from the fire. Allow it to cool.
- Refrigerate for few hours(depends on the capacity of your fridge) Mine is old one and takes long time to freeze. I kept it for 4 hours.
- Remove it out, add the fresh cream and grapes puree. Churn it in the mixi.
- Transfer it in the box storage box(if you have any ice cream box, its good).
- Keep in the freezer again for few more hours. I kept the whole night.
- Next morning, again I removed it and allowed it to thaw.
- Again I put it in the mixi and churned it well till soft.
- Transfer it again into the box. Keep it in the fridge till its set :-)
Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy each bite of this softest grapes ice cream.