Tried and tasted by Nivedita
bAKE, bAKE, bAKE AND bAKE....
BAKE THE CAKE,
Are you all thinking something is wrong with me!! This is what has happened to me now a days.. Yeh BAKING ka BHOOTH sar pe chad gaya hai, sarr pe kya pure dimaag me chaagaya hai, its controlling my mind and brain.
I had tried this cake almost a year back and those were my initial days of baking, It was not a flop but not good also. It was not baked properly. And I left the hope of baking it again. But, the other day when I was going through the recipe book, I got this one and this time I was very sure that it will come out good. Yes! and it came out like a ...??? no words.. I never thought I can bake an Egg Less cake with this much soft, moist and perfect. I am sorry, I am going on and on.....
Coming to the recipe,
I adapted this from Sanchita of http://litebite.in/
Check out her space.. if you are a baking bhooth and eating bhooth She got N numbers of baking recipes. Here is the link for today's recipe Cinnamon Tea Cake
This time, I have substituted few ingredients to suit the taste of my kids. My younger one likes chocolate in everything. So thought of adding some cocoa powder and to make it healthier for kids, I added some nuts to it.
Coming to the recipe,
I have altered her recipe as per my taste.
All Purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour(I have used Aashirvaad brand) - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar - 1 cup or less
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tsp(I have used Nescafe, Rs.2 sachet)
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil - 6 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Yogurt or curds - 1/2 cup
Strong coffee decoction - 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Spread the aluminium foil in a rectangular tin for baking the cake and keep it aside.
- Take all the dry ingredients and sift at least 3 times in a wide vessel. This is very important step.
- In another vessel take powdered sugar and oil and beat it till it is soft, for about 8 to 10 minutes. I used a normal egg beater. ( not electric one)
- Add the curd, coffee decoction, vinegar and vanilla essence in the sugar and oil mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the liquid mix in the dry mix and beat lightly till it blends well and get the normal cake mix. Don't over do it.
- Pour this ready mix into baking tin and bake it for 15 min at 180°C and 10 min at 150°C or till done. The power of your oven plays an important role here. My OTG is more powerful. I always bake at lower temperature than given in the recipe.
- Check with a clean knife or thin rod to check whether its baked properly.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Your Cinnamon and Coffee Cake is ready to serve.