Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jamoon Fruit Juice -Two ways

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Jamoon fruit brings many sweet memories in my mind.. These fruits are seasonal and we used to wait for it. During school days, we used to run to the houses where these trees were grown. House people enjoying their afternoon nap were never disturbed till one stone fell on their roof or window glass :-). And then there were few old ladies carrying these jamoon fruits in their round baskets and selling it for 10 Paises. I always love the color of these fruits.

This season, my daughter enjoyed these fruits. When I saw the event "Food palette series purple", the idea struck me to make juice with it. But I was not sure whether I will get the time to do it before July 5th. And I could do it today afternoon. But again my problem was the internet connection which was playing hide and seek with me. Luckily its working now and I hope it will be there till I finish the post and publish it  :-) (I never pray to God for anything else than this broadband service :-)), seriously, God is more kind than this service :-)))  )
Coming to the recipe,

Very easy to make and very soothing juice.
Jamoon fruit has many health benefits. Its rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Iron. Its very good for the people who has diabetes. Read Here for more information.


Ingredients (for making 2 glasses)
Jamoon fruits - 20(big)
Drinking Water - 1 cup

Keep the fruits in water for some time. Clean and put it into a vessel. Add the water and allow one boil. Let it cool. Mash with the hands, remove seeds. Sieve in a serving cup. The basic juice is ready which tastes very raw and bitter. 

To make salty juice :
Add a pinch of salt, Crushed mint and white pepper powder. Mix well. Serve chilled or add few ice cubes if you want to serve immediately.

To make Sweet juice :
Add 1 to 2 tsp Sugar, half a pinch of salt. Mix well. Serve chilled. 




Sending these two juices to the event  by Akheela

Keep Smiling,





18 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

I am glad Nivedita you linked this juice and for thinking about the event
I like both these ways of drinking I haven't seen this here will see if I can find
thank you for linking

Umm Mymoonah said...

Alright this is called as jamun fruit, great piece of information for me and the juice looks lovely.

divya said...

looks super delicious and tempting..

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Never tried juice with jamoon, sounds perfect..

Hari Chandana P said...

Looks super delicious and perfect.. thanks for sharing dear !!
Indian Cuisine

veena said...

looks nice, i ll try it..

jayasree said...

Jamun is a favorite of mine. Like the purple color it leaves on the palette. Never thought of making juice. Lovely recipe.

chef and her kitchen said...

Never made juice wid dis fruit..lovely color..

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

I have tasted this fruit and juice is new to me..Thanks for sharing this delish recipe.
SIGNATURE RECIPES & A GIVEAWAY till july 31st 2011

Sushma said...

thats a yummy recipe.

Shobha said...

It looks like Kokam juice...never tasted this one ..will make it when I get the jamuns.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Sooooper and healthy refreshing juice

Priya Sreeram said...

nice info and the juice looks yum !

kitchen queen said...

lovely and refreshing jamun fruit juice.

Nithya said...

Delicious juice :) love the color a lot :)

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a beautiful juice, looks soo refreshing..

Prema said...

Yummy juice,loved the colour...

Hayley said...

Love jamun and what a beautiful colour drink here.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog