Tried and tasted by Nivedita
We all four in my family love Chinese food.
The Chinese food I enjoyed the most and many times was when I was in UAE. I miss Chinese food from UAE!!
Strange right!Hey I love Arabic food too.
Coming to the recipe,
Fried rice is very common in my house, and I learnt to make exactly like restaurant after many trial and error method. Now its on weekly menu in our house. We never get tired of this rice. In UAE, I used to add the chicken to make it Chicken fried rice. But now restricted to only Veg. Fried rice. I have many benefits in this.
My younger daughter who never likes to eat vegetables, love this rice and all the vegetables goes in without any fuss. Its easy for me to make it for the lunch box. My elder daughter's friends love this rice, so I have to pack two boxes and that makes my daughter happy to share it and get compliments for her mother(thats me).
Here is the easiest recipe to enjoy the Chinese food at home. Cutting vegetables is time consuming, most of the times, I cut the vegetables at night(I do not like but, depends on the time available in the morning) and keep ready.
Cooked and cold rice - 1 big bowl, loosened.
Finely cubed vegetables - 1/2 cup(Carrot and beans)
Fresh or frozen peas - 1/2 cup
Finely Shredded Cabbage - 1/2 cup
Spring onion - few lines, finely chopped OR
Normal onion - 1 small, finely sliced
Green Capsicum - 1 small, finely cubed
I always use,
Green chilly - 1 big, finely cubed
(Me and my daughter are allergic to Capsicum, it gives hyper acidity)
Oil - 1 tbsp(normal or Olive)
Garlic - 4 cloves, finely chopped
Ginger - 1/4", finely chopped
Salt to taste
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Dry red chilly powder - 1/4 or 1/8 tsp(just to give color)
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
White Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Para boil the carrot, beans and peas(if using fresh peas) and keep it aside.
- Keep everything ready on hand as you should be very quick to add and saute the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed kadai.
- When its VERY HOT, add ginger and garlic, saute it for few seconds.
- Now add the onion(if using normal one), fry for half a minute.
- Add, paraboiled vegetables, green chilly(or capsicum if using), shredded cabbage. Saute for a minute.
- Add the spring onion at this(if using).
- Add the soya sauce, White vinegar and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Add the rice, salt,red chilly powder, sugar and cornflour.
- Mix well, and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot with Vinegar and chilly sauce.
- (Vinegar and Chilly sauce : Take 2 green chilly and chop it very finely. Take 1/2 cup vinegar and put it in a glass or plastic bowl. Add the chopped green chilly. Keep it for 3 to 4 hours before using. You can store it in the fridge for a week also)
I think this is the best recreation by me which tastes same like restaurant. Thats why Sending this to
Champa's guest hosting event
Which is the original idea of Srivalli.
(Very upset, because I can not upload any new photos for my blog. Two days back, I lost my camera. My many recipe clicks went off! Need to wait to buy one more camera, which is not going to be possible soon.)