Tried and tasted by Nivedita
First thing to do is to apologize for not being regular in my posting. Second thing is to Thank everyone for being with me here when I am not. I love you all for supporting me and request you to be with me.
Today I am going to post a recipe which is in my draft from past one year (Almost!!) Yes! These few simple preparations makes our life so easy. I got busy with other special dishes and forgot about this simple but healthy side dish which goes well with Chapati or rice.
I love to make this often as it is quick,easy and healthy and can be kept with rice and dal in a cooker till my cutting job is done.
Green beans - 200 gm, cleaned, cut and boiled in a cooker or outside till soft
Onion - 1 big, chopped
Tomato - 1 big, chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Crushed garlic - 4 to 6 cloves
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Sugar - 1 tsp
Gurellu Chutney(Niger seeds,ಗುರೆಳ್ಳು) powder - 1 tsp(optional, I add it because its common in my house)
You can use white sesame seeds(crushed) instead of it. But the taste differs a lot.
- Take oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, wait to splutter and add cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves, garlic and saute for half a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry till change in color.
- Add tomato and all the dry powders.
- Mix well. Boil till tomato is tender, by adding little water(I take the water from boiled beans)
- Now add the boiled beans. Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander(Here, I have missed it) before serving it with chapati or rice.
Will be back with new thing soon.