Tried and tasted by Nivedita
WHAT AN IDEA PariJI!!
The day she posted this Colourful Bell Pepper and Cottage Cheese Cubes , for me , it was like as we say in Hindi " mere ankhon mein yeh chubh raha tha!(Its direct translation in English :- it was pricking in my eyes!!).PLEASE TAKE THIS IN A POSITIVE OR FUNNY WAY:-)
Thanks to Pari for this wonderful and unique recipe. I really loved it and I can use it in many preparations. I made a change from her original recipe with a genuine reason behind it. As the name of her recipe says its about bell pepper BUT, me and my daughter are allergic to those bell peppers. So I had to put these out of my recipe. And Pari has written in her post that we can replace with other vegetables also. I thought of adding as many number of vegetables I have with me.
Luckily I got the same round mould (as Pari has one) to make Paneer.
Here is the recipe in my words:
Recipe to make the Veggie Paneer :
Fresh Milk - 1/2 litre(I used and I could make 10 big tikkas, 2 kebabs and one paratha)
Lime juice -2 tbsp or more depending on the milk and the time it takes to break
Parboiled vegetables - 1 cup (finely chopped beans, carrot, baby corn, peas,potato and whatever you like and it fits in the paneer well)
you can use bell pepper, I have omitted here.
Green Chilly - 1 finely chopped(Avoid this, if for kids)
Salt 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 to 2 tsp
- Boil the milk.
- Add the lime juice and stir it. Continue boiling till the milk breaks out.
- Add all the vegetables and boil for few more minutes.
- Strain it to remove the whey.
- Wash it with clean water to remove the smell.
- Add the green chilly, salt and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Transfer it into Paneer making mould.
- Keep it aside for 2 to 3 hours. Transfer it into a big plate or bowl.
- Keep in the fridge to set.
- The BASIC Veggie Paneer is ready.
Don't have mould, no problems, tie in a clean cloth hang it for an hour or two, remove and give the desired shape, may be you have to add little corn flour to bind it properly.
Turn this into Spicy Paneer Tikka and or Kabab:
Ready Veggie Paneer cubes - 10 to 12
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
(I used Rice flour as there was no cornflour at home, but it worked fine too)
Garam Masala - as per taste
Amchur powder a pinch or less.
Fresh coriander to serve(not in the photo)
Oil to shallow fry the Tikka
- Cut the ready Paneer into Tikka shape, DUST them on the cornflour and keep it ready.
- Heat the tawa. Spread oil on it. When the oil is hot, carefully place the cubes on tawa.
- Shallow Fry all the sides. Transfer into serving plate sprinkle the garam masala and amchur powder mix and garnish with fresh coriander.
- VEGGIE PANEER TIKKA IS READY TO SERVE.
To make KABAB,
- SAME PROCEDURE, JUST SCRAMBLE THE PANEER ADDING GARAM MASALA AND AMCHUR POWDER.
- Give the shape of Kababs and shallow fry till golden.
The last but not the least is I USED THIS SCRAMBLED PANEER TO MAKE STUFFED PARATHA AND MY YOUNGER DAUGHTER HAD THE WHOLE PARATHA WITH CURDS. ;-))))))))
(It did not clicked me to click a photo. Next time I will take the photo and add it here)
THANK YOU SO MUCH PARI FOR SUCH A HEALTHY RECIPE WHICH MADE MY WORK EASY TO FEED MY KID A GOOD FOOD.
And perfect starter for the party.
Hey I think I can use these cubes in Palak Paneer, Veg Biryani also, any more ideas????