Wednesday, June 23, 2010

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT - CELEBRATE SWEETS~HALWA!!!!!

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
"If you fail in something in the Life, that is the time to learn from your mistake!!" I have read these lines in many books. Often  I follow it too. Again I am going to follow it and going to check my ability or capacity in managing the event. 
Last one was a flop! I do not know the reason or may be the theme was complicated or more people were not aware about it!! And it was non-cooking event. But I am thankful to many of blogger friends who were so supportive to make me feel good. A chat between me and Srivalli at that moment gave me little relief. 
This time I am planning to hold an event on cooking. And the theme is Halwa!! Yesterday, when I saw 5 halwa posts in my blogger friends at a time in 24 hours of span, this idea came into my mind. I was scared of the failure again and just put it in my FB status. And then I got the message from Jagruti જાગૃતિ  of Joy of Cooking. She encouraged me to go ahead with the event announcement. Thanks Jagruti for so much support and encouragement.
So here comes the theme of the event :
Come, Lets
 "CELEBRATE SWEETS~HALWA" 
                                                        image link
Halwa is a common desert and is usually prepared at home.  It is the quickest and easiest desert to make. The best part of Halwa is you can make Halwa with anything!! (I remember the last dialog in the movie "CAT IN THE HAT" where the mother asks the kids "with what you made the cookies" and the girl will answer " you can make cookies out of anything mom"!!!)
You can make halwa out of most of the vegetables. You can make halwa with powdered pulses, grains, fruits, dry fruits, nuts and......, I will leave the imagination and creativity with you all!!
Here you can read more about Halwa.
I am inviting all of you to prepare Halwa.  
Go through the rules :
  • Post the recipe in your blog from Today till July 25, 2010.
  • Send it to my email id nivedita.mt@gmail.com with "CELEBRATE SWEETS~HALWA"  as a subject.
  • You can send as many entries as you wish.
  • For archived posts, 
         If the recipe is posted within two months, just update the post and link back to my event.
         If the recipe  is posted earlier, please update, repost and link bank it to my event.
  • Placing the logo will be highly appreciated as it will be easy to spread the news about this event.
  • Non bloggers can send their entries to my email. 
This time, I expect all of you to participate in this sweet event.  This is a self test trial for me!!
I hope you all will not allow me to fail.
Waiting for more entries.
(Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Sir Winston Churchill)
And one more announcement :
If this event goes well, I want to continue the series with other sweets. Thats why I have named the event as "Celebrate sweets ~        "

Keep Smiling,

24 comments:

Padmajha said...

That's a lovely theme Nivedita.I have one ready for u .will be pisting it soon.Happy hosting

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Happy hosting and sure would try to participate

Hayley said...

Hey Nive....Really sweet event and Halwa...I am ready for it..sending 2 and will see if I can make more halwa...

Vegetarian Zest said...

Nivi, you can count me in for his event.

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting Nivi, will definitely send my entries, wishing u a successful event dear..

tobias cooks! said...

I like the theme too. I also host blogevents that have to do with cooking. come have a look!

vidhas said...

Count me in Nivedita!! I have posted already one and will try to make another too!

Nithu Bala said...

Dear Nive, very happy to see another event announcement from you..loved the theme and I already have many recipes..will send you soon..guess, this time your inbox will going to be flooded with entries..

Kiran said...

Nivedita,Love this new event.Will definitely end in my entry.

Unknown said...

Nivedita, nice blog dear. Will surely try to participate :)

Umm Mymoonah said...

Very sweet event Nivedita, who wouldn't love halwa, definitely it's going to be a grand success. Happy Hosting, glad to follow you:-)

MyExperimentsWithFood said...

Nice theme. Will definitely send in my entry soon.

Sushma Mallya said...

Lovely event nivedita, this time will surely send my entries too..hope your event be very successful..

Unknown said...

Lovely event Nivedita, just sent you my entries..

Muskaan

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi All
Thanks everyone!!
I am jumping with joy!!!

keri said...

Nivedita.. this is a primo message. I am with you 100% on it. Thank you for putting it on your blog and into the universe. It's important. :) Great Friend you are to have. Please visit my blog at www.alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze and see the post entitiled THINK AND GROW RICH! An uplifting message from an unlikely source that will make you SMILE! P.S. This recipe looks awesome ... and ambitious.. You're a hero in the kitchen. Keri. a.k.s. sam

Keri said...

exquisit!

Reshmi said...

nice theme nivedita.. I'm new to food blogging but will surely try to send my entries. Happy hosting!

veena said...

hi nivedita, a sweet theme ...I am new to food blogging ,will surely send in my entry

vidhya said...

Hi Nivedita,
I want to participate in the event of celebrate sweets, Halwa. What logo do I have to have on my blog? Send me details to vidhu007@gmail.com

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

count me in dear...sending my entries soon..best luck and wht an awesome thought for the event..wish u all the succeess..

Ash said...

Hello,

I am Ash.... I thank Jagruti for spreading the word & letting me know about this celebration.... Count me in.... Would love to participate from my archival, though! Hugs ))))

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Pavani said...

its lovely event dear,i will send my entry .all the best

veena said...

jsut sent my entry nivedita. hope i am not late

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog