Tried and tasted by Nivedita
I know, I know, its not the time to post the recipe of Cakes and brownies... Its Diwali, I should post the recipe of some sweets and savories. But just thought of sharing a recipe with Demerara sugar and then I can share other recipes.
The brownies are very common in my house. Its almost once in 10 days , I bake the brownie. I got the recipe of Every day Chocolate Brownie from Aarthi which she had taken from one and only Nigella... I love her recipes, most of the times I have to read her recipes and be happy because I do not get many of the ingredients she has mentioned in my town :-(
Even Aarthi has got the fantastic space and the best part is all of her recipes are step by step in pictorial way which helps any one to remember and cook easily. Thanks a lot for that dear.
Coming to the recipe,
Usually I follow the regular recipe but today I thought of giving a twist to it.. only because I wanted to use Demerara sugar instead of white or normal sugar. And I added the instant Bru Coffee powder at the end.
All purpose flour - 2/3 cup
Demerara Sugar - 3/4 cup(coarse powdered)
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup or little less
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt a pinch(skip if you are using salted butter, I always use salted Amul butter)
Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
any chocolate - 100 gm
(I like to use the cooking chocolate itself )
Instant coffee powder(Bru or Nescafe)- 1 tbsp
- First preheat the oven to 190 degree c
- Line a square tin with foil and brush it with butter on it. (Using foil is really a very good idea)
- I use Microwave for making it, you can use the normal way(as shown in Aarthi's space)
- Take a big M/W safe bowl.
- Add butter and the sugar.
- Keep in M/W on HIGH for a minute.
- Remove, mix well and add cocoa powder. Keep in the oven for 10 seconds.
- Remove, add in the flour, baking soda and mix well to make it soft.
- ALLOW IT TO COOL WHICH IS REALLY VERY IMPORTANT OTHERWISE IF YOU PUT EGGS WHEN HOT, IT WILL BE SPOILED.
- Now add the eggs, vanilla and mix well till you get very smooth consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Now pour this mix into the ready tin.
- Sprinkle the instant powder evenly on the mix.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Cut into desired size of squares.
- Enjoy it cold or warm or with ice cream or hot chocolate sauce.
Note :May be because I used the Demerara sugar, it was less sweet or may be it was because I used instant coffee powder. Whatever, the brownies were too good :-)
Wait for my next post with these brownies...
Brownie and Ice cream sandwich.. with hot choco sauce..
This is my first entry to my event which is a brain child of Jagruti