Tried and tasted by Nivedita
One more sweet from Bengal. Many times I came across this sweet but never thought of trying it only because I was lazy. And yesterday I decided to make it and today its ready. Its so simple and easy to make and the taste is too good.
I followed the recipe from Tarla Dalal's website.
I used very little quantity as I was not sure about the taste. But I am going to make it again very soon as my mom liked it a lot. I too enjoyed it chilled.
Milk - 1 cup
Condensed Milk - 1 cup
(I used the small tin of 90gm and the same amount of Milk and Curds)
Fresh Curds - 1 cup
(Take equal quantity)
- Take all the ingredients in a vessel. Mix it thoroughly.
- I used hand mixer.
- Prepare a double boiler.
- Boil the mixture in double boiler for 10 to15 min.
- Pierce knife and if the knife comes out clean, Bafa Dhoi is ready.
- Make it cool outside and keep in the fridge overnight or 4-6 hours.
- Enjoy the chilled bowl of Bafa Dhoi.
PJ's ongoing event
Celebrate Sweets-Bengali Sweets which is started by Me.
Will be back with one more Bengali sweet :-)