Tried and tasted by Nivedita
This new trial is for you all and for potluck party dearies.
I just tried it without any plan in my head. (That's what happens always), but this one is awesome. It almost tasted like the restaurant one, may be better than that :-)
Its perfect with naan, paratha, puri or simple plain rice.
My 2 year niece had it plain in a bowl just like that. What else other appreciation I need then?
Coming to the recipe,
Mixed vegetables - 1 big cup, finely chopped into cubes)
(fresh beans, carrot, Cauliflower, green pea)
Green chilly - 1 finely chopped
Onion - 2 big
Tomato - 2 big
Oil - 1
salt to taste
red chilly powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup or fresh cream 1 tbsp
Hung curd - 1 tbsp or Normal curd, try to sieve it and remove water
Butter - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1 tsp(optional)
Kitchen King masala powder - 1 to 1 1/2 tsp(MUST FOR THIS)
Fresh Coriander - 1 tbsp for garnishing
- First fry all the mixed vegetables and green chilly in 1 tsp of ghee till they are soft(around 10 minutes).
- Keep it aside.
- While you are frying these,
- Boil the onions and tomatoes separately either in a vessel on a stove top or in Microwave for 2 minutes.(I used the MW)
- Allow these to cool.
- First grind the onion into paste, transfer into a bowl.
- Then paste the tomatoes. Keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai.
- Add the onion paste, fry for few minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well. cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chilly powder, kasuri methi, haldi and salt and hung curd. Mix well and cook till it leaves oil from the sides.
- Add the fried vegetables and milk, mix well. Add the Kitchen king masala.
- Cook for few minutes. add the butter before removing it from the heat.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Sending it to the event