Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Gujarat is famous for its clothes, diamonds and sweets. I love Gujju food. And the sweets plays major role in their food.
Here, I have taken the recipe for Sukhdi from my closest friend Jagruti. She describes it as Sukh means Happiness. She has prepared it many times without any much preparation or planning.
When I prepared this, even I realized that its the easiest, quickest sweet to enjoy(Weight Watchers!Sorry, its not for you)
Coming to the recipe, (Click Sinful Sukhdi (Jaggary Fudge) for original recipe)
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup(Grated)
Ghee - 3/4 cup
Cashew nuts - few(Finely chopped)
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp(Jagruti has not used)Method :
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee.
- Keep on low heat and add flour.
- Roast on a low heat till golden brown, do not allow it to burn.
- When the mixture comes together add the grated Jaggery and Cardamom and mix very well.
- Take off from the heat and spread the mixture evenly in a greased tray. Sprinkle some cashew nuts and Roll it to make even surface.
- Cut in to a diamond shape while it's warm.
- Allow it to cool and serve(otherwise, you will burn your tongue :-)
My younger daughter never likes sweets, but she had half the quantity of what I made:-), even the elder one loved it very much, planning to make again, but afraid of the quantity of ghee in it :-)
My daughters did not allow me to click the proper photos
This is my first entry to the event which is ON in Minaji's blog:
(Which is started by ME)