Sunday, June 13, 2010

Microwave Chocolate Cake and the saga continues!!!

Tried and tasted by Nivedita 
Hi All,
One more cake from my Microwave. It has become a passion for me to try more cake recipes. And I can not wait till my new oven arrives. Now a days when ever I am in front of the computer I browse for Microwave cakes. And then I got this recipe from Jaishree  of  Ruchi  which she posted on June 9th. She also got the recipe from  here. But in this site, she has used Cake flour. And I think Cake flour is self raising flour. Being not sure about that, I decided to add baking powder. Some of the comments in the site also mentioned about the baking powder. So I came out with my recipe, and the out come was just delicious. If I had whipped cream and icing sugar with me, I would have made this into black forest cake!!! It was that tasty, fluffy and spongy!! Jaishree made egg less cake but I decided to go with the original recipe and used egg.
Thanks Jaishree for this wonderful recipe.
Lets go to the recipe,
Ingredients :
All Purpose flour or Maida - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Egg - 1
Milk - 3 tbsp
Oil - 3 tbsp (any edible oil is fine, I used the normal sunflower oil.)
Baking Powder - 1 pinch
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
To make syrrup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Warm Water or Milk - 1 tbsp
Sieve APF, Cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Mix egg, milk, oil, Essence and sugar in a bowl. Mix well with egg beater or with a fork.  Add the sieved flour and mix well till everything gets mixed and you will get one flow batter. It takes 2 to 3 minutes. If you use hand mixer, you need one minute. But I used egg beater.
Grease a mug or any Microwave safe bowl and dust it with APF. Pour the batter into it. You can use the normal big coffee mug. I did not had big one so I used the bowl which came free with Cornflakes! 
But again make sure, that the batter should fill only 3/4 th of your bowl, neither less nor more!!!
Bake it exactly for 2 minutes.
Here it is :
    
                          My camera plays with me!! So the cake looks different in photos!! 
The Cake is ready to eat with hot cup of coffee or tea!!! It tastes great with both. One of my favorite snack!!
Now to give it more taste :
Keep it to cool for half an hour or till it is cold.
Slice the cake in the middle.


Dissolve the sugar in  warm water or milk and make the syrup ready.
On one side slowly spread this syrup with a spoon to make the cake moist and soft. Take care not to put more otherwise cake will break into pieces and the syrup will start flowing out.
Then take chocolate syrup  and spread it the same way you did with sugar syrup. If you do not have syrup and have chocolate brick, melt it in a double boiler or microwave and use it. 
Keep the other side on it and close the cake. Keep it in the fridge for sometime. Take it out and cut into slices before serving. 
Again you can use some ice cream, or more chocolate syrup or caramel or Fresh cream or anything you wish to have!!!
And again, actually I thought our maid broke all my coffee mugs! But I got two mugs in my cupboard. My daughter was asking me to make the cake again and this time she wanted coffee cake. I thought of trying the coffee cake in the mug. Same ingredients except the cocoa powder. I used to 1 1/2 teaspoon Coffee powder and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder. 
This too came out toooo good. Enjoy the photos :
  
  









Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

Champa said...

Nivedita, Nice one. Cake flour is not the same as self rising flour. Cake flour is a high protein flour compared to all purpose flour which has no salt or leavening agent like baking soda, baking powder added. When you cannot get cake flour, you can use all purpose flour in its place, but less. Take out 2 TBSP of all purpose flour from a measured 1 cup and add 2 TBSP of corn starch if you have to make it one cup cake flour. Just a tip.

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this useful tip. I will keep in mind!
Thanks for the comment. Keep visiting.

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said...

Lovely cake Nive..Looks very spongy and moist..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog