Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Sandwich!! Who does not like sandwiches?? One can be more creative while making these sandwiches. You can make it healthier by adding healthy ingredients and you can make it junk food by adding some fried food, cheese or butter!!
But I love this combination. Its evergreen and most common sandwich which is prepared all over India. Its more healthier if you use brown bread.
It is easy to make because all the vegetables are easily available at home and not all the vegetables are compulsory.
The vegetables you can see it the photo are what I love to have it in my sandwich. Cabbage leaves is optional.
Coming to the recipe:
Fresh bread - 4(to make two sandwich)
Potato - 1 big, boiled and cut into thick slices
Tomato - 1 big or 2 small, washed, and cut in to round slices.
Cucumber - 1 big, washed, peeled and cut into thick and round slices
Carrot - 1 big, washed, peeled and cut into thick and round slices.
Cabbage leaves - 1 for each, torn into pieces
Butter - 1 tsp for each sandwich
Green chutney(Pudina or mint leaves chutney): I always keep it in the
Fresh coriander - 1 bunch, washed,cleaned and chopped
Mint leaves or Pudina - 1/2 bunch, washed, cleaned and chopped
Green chilly - 1 long
Jeera - 1 tsp
Transfer the above ingredients in a grinder and grind into a fine paste.
Remove it to a bowl.
- Arrange all the ingredients in a plate so that it is easy to send these into sandwich.
- Take 2 slices of bread on a plate.
- Apply butter,
- Spread the green chutney,
- Spread potato slices,
- Keep all the vegetables one on another to make thick layers.
- Cover it with another slice.
- Keep in the toaster or Sandwich maker and cook it till it turns slightly brown.
- You do not have toaster or sandwich maker? No problem, you can make these on hot tawa or pan also. Don't want to toast?? Have it just like that.
- Have it hot with some more green chutney or ketch up or sauce.
I want to dedicate this sandwich to Keri of SANDWICH 365. I know I am late for doing this. I love her blog and this is just a small thank you to her.