Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kashmiri Dum Aloo for ICC


Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Potatoes!!!! I love to eat in any form. Few days back, a blogger friend Ria Mary Mathew shared the status on FB "Y didn't God make potato rich in Iron and Butter rich in Vitamins? Y God Y? So true! I too feel the same way. 
Few years back I was not a potato person, but  during second pregnancy, I got this craving for potatoes. I always wait for something to cook with potatoes. And when Srivalli gave  this month's  Indian Cooking Challenge, I was very happy because the recipe  is Kashmiri Dum Aloo. This recipe is from the site IndianFood.

I enjoyed preparing the dish and eating it too. And my kids loved it with soft Chapatis.
But!
I used only 1/4 th qty than the original recipe. The original recipe was for 1 kg of potatoes but as we are only 2 persons to eat, I prepared only 1/4th qty.
Please click here for the recipe, 








Baby potatoes taking cold bath.
Masalas mixing up for potatoes
 
Masala bath tub for potatoes.



Potatoes taking Masala tub bath.











Potatoes after bath and fry!
Hing and Clove powder with Hot water for potatoes.








Keeping to make aloo dum, the last stage for the potatoes to get ready to go to the dining table.
I am sorry for not giving detailed recipe. As I prepared only the little qty from the original recipe, I felt its not good to give the full details, as the photos and the given qty will not match.
I am enjoying this ICC event.


Keep Smiling,

13 comments:

veena said...

Wow Nivedita. Looks so so yummy!!!!

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks delicious :)

Unknown said...

looks yummy!!...very nice

Malar Gandhi said...

Looks superb:)

Pavani said...

Looks yummy.

Unknown said...

wow, it has come out soooooooo well.

Simplyfood said...

Very tasty and delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Very inviting kashmiri dum aloo, i enjoyed making them..

Anonymous said...

"Masala bath tub for potatoes..." too good, u r one heck of a creative lady...
--Nilabh

R said...

looks delicious!

Gayathri Kumar said...

Looks very nice..

Unknown said...

Nice step by step pic Dum aloo look so delicious.

Srivalli said...

Nive..that sure looks great..thanks for joining..I am so glad you are enjoying ICC..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog