Monday, July 26, 2010

Avare kalu (Surti paapdi ) Pallye

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Being a seasonal vegetable, it tastes great after waiting for many months. I have already written more about this in my last post Avare kalu sambhar(Surti papdi sambhar) and Counti...  
Here is the recipe for Dry sabji.
Directly coming to the recipe,
Ingredients :
Surti paapdi or avare kalu - 1 cup, clean, wash and give one boil to make it tender.
Onion - 1 big, cleaned and chopped
Oil - 1tbsp
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Gurellu Chutney(Niger seeds,ಗುರೆಳ್ಳು) powder - 1 tsp(optional, I used here, because its very common in my house)
Salt to taste
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder
Fresh coconut grated - 1 tbsp(optional, I did not put)
Fresh coriander to garnish

Method:
Heat  oil in a kadai. 
Add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Add onion and fry till it changes its color.
Add salt, tamarind paste, turmeric powder and gurellu powder. Fry for a minute.
Add boiled papdi and coconut. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning. Cook for a minute. 
Its ready to eat.
Sending this to 

Keep Smiling,

14 comments:

megha said...

nice recipe esp this one .do visit and comment on my food blog.and if like my food recipes and blog u can become follower of my blog my blog is meghasyummyfooddelight.blogspot.com

Chitra said...

New to me..I get avarekalu here very often.Will buy & try once :)

Guna's kitchen said...

luks delicious, nice green color and healthy too... but its completely new to me..

Kiran said...

Love the avare kalu pallya.I love these beans a lot.

Unknown said...

Wow, nice one. Never cooked with surati papadi before and great MW peas/potato curry as well:)

chef and her kitchen said...

I love these beans..its our family favorite...looks yummy

Swathi said...

Looks delicious, nice curry.

megha said...

thanks for becoming a follower of my blog.u hv really got great recipes

kitchen queen said...

lovely and yummy dish.

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a delicious and fabulous curry, looks super..

Hari Chandana P said...

Lovely palya.. thubha chennagide .. thanks for the recipe :)

Sanjeeta kk said...

Lovely and tasty treat Nivedita.

Urmi said...

Very nice and wonderful recipe.Looks delicious and yummy.

Usha said...

Very interesting and delicious curry! Looks yum...........

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog