Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pineapple Chutney in M/W

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
This chutney made me crazy!! I loved this chutney so much that I went on nibbling just like that. And my daughter had an extra chapati. And already told me to pack the same thing (chapati wrapped with this chutney) for tomorrow. 
When I prepared the mixed fruit curry, there was more pineapple. My kids love it. But before sharing half of what I had, I was thinking to do something with it. I wanted to have something spicy as my mixed fruit curry was sweet, I thought of making chutney with pineapple. I was sure about the taste that it will be good, but never imagined it will come out so good.
Make and check if you want to trust me!!
Recipe goes here:
Pine apple - 1 cup, cleaned, pealed and cubed
Dry red chilly - 1 long
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp or 2 tsp if you want it spicier.
(Pineapple is having sweet and sour taste so you can add more chilly powder)
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Hing a pinch 
Fresh coconut - 1 tbsp

For tempering
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
 Take peeled and cubed pineapple in a M/W safe bowl. Keep on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Take it out, add jaggery, cumin seeds,hing,dry red chilly and chilly powder.
Again keep on HIGH for 2 minutes, Keep stirring in between. 
Let it be cool. 
Add salt and fresh coconut.
Mix well and put in a blender to paste it. Transfer the chutney in to a serving bowl.
Heat oil in a M/W Safe bowl by keeping it on HIGH for 1 or 2 minutes. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Again cook it on high for 1 minute.
Add it to the chutney.
Adjust the seasoning.
Cook on HIGH for 30 seconds.
Chutney is ready to serve with chapati, bread, rice, dosa, idly or anything you wish. I think it goes well with chicken tikka or Fish tikka or any kababs also.

You can prepare this on gas stove also. But it is easier in M/W  because, the fruit cooks well and quick in M/W.

This serves 3 to 4 people if you are serving in a thali for one time only!!!

Sending it to 

AND
My event 
Keep Smiling,

7 comments:

kitchen queen said...

yummy and innovative chutney.looks very tempting and inviting.

Unknown said...

wow, that's very very innovative :)

Hayley said...

wow Nive..pine apple chutney looks great..innovative! maje karo:)thanks for the entry..

Priya Suresh said...

Spicy pineapple chutney looks too tempting..

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Sounds delicious

Satya said...

wow pineapple chutney looks so beautiful ...very tempting too

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Saritha said...

Very different chutney....

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog