Thursday, February 4, 2010

C.C? K.P? S.C OR C.C again!? What's there in A name?

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Call it Chilli Chapati, Chilli paratha, kuttu paratha, spicy Chapati!!! What's there in a name! The taste is the same! Delicious!!! 
Last week when Nithu posted Chilli Paratha, I was tempted to make it the same time! I went in the kitchen knowing that I do not have frozen parathas in the fridge. But I knew Ajjiri is going to make chapatis. I told her to make thick chapatis and keep ready.  I promised Nithu that I will come back with the review.(Sorry for the delay, Neetu!)

I have read many blogs who posted same recipe. 
One, I remember is PJ's  CHILLI CHAPTHI, where she added soya sauce. And my sis-in-law tried this recipe and was so happy with the taste.
Now, coming to my recipe,
I tasted this first in UAE. My co-sister brought chicken Kuttu paratha  from "Deira Dubai Appa Kadai restaurant" and told me to taste it. And it was just superb. I did not share it with anyone! Selfish no! but the taste was like that. She told me that we get the vegetarian kuttu paratha in Sharavana bhavan in Abu shagarah in Sharjah. Very next evening I went there and ordered one plate of same! And I just loved it.
Thinking why writing all  the area names? I am missing Sharjah, Abu dhabi and Dubai(the whole UAE) for food!
Coming back to the story,
When I went to the kitchen .....
I got cabbage, capsicum and carrots in the fridge. I thought of using all these.
So here goes the recipe,
Ready chapatis - 10 to 12, cut into pieces.
Oil 1 tbsp
Heat oil in a kadai, Fry the chapatis till they are just crispy and keep it aside.

Oil - 2 tbsp
Jeera or cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Cabbage - 1/2 cup, shredded
Carrot - 1 big, julienned,
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Capsicum - 1 big or 2 small, cut into length
Green chilly - 2 cut into long 
Tomato puree - made of 2 tomatoes(I do not get ready paste, so I boiled the tomatoes in a microwave for 2 minutes and blend it into puree
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilly  powder - 1 tsp
Madras curry powder - 1 tbsp(it gives unique taste to this chilli paratha, if you do not have, use the normal curry powder or skip it)

Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai, Add jeera and curry leaves with onion. Let onion fry till it changes its color, add ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute and add cabbage, carrot and capsicum. Fry for two minutes. Transfer this in to a bowl or plate. Add tomato puree in the same kadai. When it starts boiling add all the dry powders and green chilly. Fry for a minute. Return back the fried vegetables into kadai. Mix it properly. Now goes the chapati pieces. Again mix properly so that the masala gets mix with chapati pieces. Cook for a minute. Garnish with fresh coriander. 
My chilli chapati or call it any name! is ready to eat!! 

Keep smiling,

13 comments:

Rachana said...

delicious, spicy and yummy C.C? K.P? C.C?... whats there in a name, the taste should be just divine:)

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Looks delicious N? NK? What is there in the name ?

Soma Pradhan said...

Lovely parathas...very new to me

Nithu Bala said...

:-) I love the title Dear.. your version is simply superb and I like adding veggies..very lovely picture..

Sushma Mallya said...

Spicy & delicious,nice way to use leftovers...

Sarah Naveen said...

True..whats in a name?? This looks super delicious

priya said...

yummy n tempting!...perfect n spicy!

Faiza Ali said...

Looks temting and delicious...Will try this soon.

Siddhi Shirsat said...

wow nivedita this chilli chapati or paratha luks very very tempting...nice recipe...yummm...vl try it

Malar said...

hmm delicious parathas..i did chilli paratha in different way..i should try your version soon..

Priya Suresh said...

Its sounds like chillu chappathi, so am naming it as CC...delicious dish..

Unknown said...

Chilli chapati sounds delicious. makes a quick weeknight meal!Long since I dropped by here. Amazing dishes

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Now you are tempting me to make this, temptation is a chain reaction ;) I am gonna steal your plate now ;)

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog