Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bread and Fruit bars(M/W grilled)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
I wanted to try something with bread and fruit in combination for my event. I never tried this combo. Two days back when I brought bread for breakfast, I kept on thinking what to make! Then this came in my mind. I do not know its common or something new, my kids loved it. I too enjoyed it!
Its a great filler in the evenings for kids and healthy too. If you get brown bread then its real healthy food for everyone.
You can take any fruits of your choice. I chose only apple and banana. The reason is these are the common fruits easily available and I do not get variety of fruits here.
Ingredients :
White bread or Brown bread slice : 4 
Apple - 1 
Banana - 1
Honey - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Mixed fruit jam or any jam - 1 tbsp for each bread
(I used ready jam and home made apple jam)
Fruit jam to decorate
Butter to spread on the bread







Wash and grate the apple.
Peel and mash or grate the banana.
Mix  well the grated apple, banana, honey, fruit jam and cinnamon powder. 
Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Mix well and keep it ready.
Take little butter and spread on the breads. Microwave HIGH for 1 minute. 
Take out and evenly spread the fruit mix on the bread slices.
Cut the slices into four bars. 
Grill in MICROWAVE for 3 to 4 minutes. (check the power of your M/W)
Decorate these bars with extra jam.

Serve it as an evening snack with glass of hot milk.
Sending it to three events:

My event 

AND



Akila's 



AND

AND

 Srivalli's 365 days of Microwave Cooking! event 
Keep Smiling,

14 comments:

indianspicemagic said...

Yummy snacks for kids.

Mina Joshi said...

Brilliant dish! This is the kind of comfort food I like with my cup of tea. I suppose, you could put the fruit filling between the bread slices and cook it in a toaster and have it as a sweet dish as well!! humm..

notyet100 said...

looks yum,,perfect with tea

Nitha said...

Good one...

kanthi said...

Snacks are delicious

Unknown said...

delish snack Nivedita...after school snack!! well we can have it anytime! ;)

Niv said...

waw!one more wonderful recipe. I too was searching for something new in bread....got one!

Satya said...

wow wonderful idea ..i too love this combination ..thanks for sharing

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Priya Suresh said...

Cute looking bars, yummm!

Keri said...

Hello Nivedita... Hope all is well with you. These Bread and Fruit bars look beautiful and delicious. You are such a great cook. When I am no longer on a diet, I will be trying these for sure.

Please let me know when you recieve your winning gift box. I have no idea how long it will take to reach you, but it was mailed more than a week ago. Thanks, Take care, Keri

Hayley said...

Nive I can have this one right nnow...tempting !

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Nice snacks for kids

Jayashree said...

This sounds interesting, Nive....I might try it out.

Srivalli said...

That's quite tempting nevi..thanks for sending it across!

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog