Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Being a mother of two growing kids and a person who never likes to waste the food, I am always in search of reusing the leftover food. Here is another recipe from leftover boiled potato. Whenever I boil potato for something, I have a habit of boiling one or two extra potatoes. Potatoes always come in handy for any quick preparation. prepare a salad with it, turn it into jeera aloo, pakodas, mix with some vegetable to make it gravy..
The other day, when I prepared aloo paratha, I had kept one big boiled potato in the fridge. And afternoon, I told my daughter to bring eggs from nearby shop to make egg kurma for the night. She brought the eggs with one broken..
I did not wanted to waste it, I transferred it into a bowl and thought of making an omelet. Then I saw my potato in the fridge, thought of adding it to the omelet. I mashed the potato and added in to the egg and went on adding few more things and finally came out with this nice cutlets..... Roll down for the recipe ..
Boiled Potato - 1 bigEgg - 1
Green chilly - 1 finely chopped(less if for kids)
dry red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Dhania powder - 1/4 tsp
Fresh coriander - 1/8 cup, finely chopped
Oats - 1 cup
Oil to shallow fry
- Beat the egg.
- Add the mashed potatoes and add all other ingredients EXCEPT OATS and oil to fry.
- Mix well, adjust the seasoning,
- Heat tawa, Till it becomes real hot,
- Take a big spoon of ready mix, give a pressed,round shape, roll it into oats to cover the cutlets on all the sides.
- Make all the cutlets ready and keep.
- Spread the oil, keep 2 to 3 cutlets on tawa and fry on all the sides. Repeat with other cutlets.
- Serve HOT with sauce.
Its perfect healthy snack for kids. But try to serve it hot as it it tastes like rubber once its cold.