Tried and tasted by Nivedita
This week, My blog is celebrating the CAKE WEEK. The reason is again the event. As I got stuck in the house work, I could not post regularly and my cake photos left behind. Now is the time for me to post all the cakes.
Today is the day for Black forest cake, which is my favorite... everyone's favorite in my house. And who does not like this one?
And when it comes to baking, I am a very good copycat.. I always follow the recipe from other blogs. But this time it was the recipe which I learnt in my baking class. I have collected many more versions of Black forest cake recipes, which I am going to try soon. The reason is I got the Whipped cream powder which was not available all these days. Its a wonder powder. Just add some chilled water and whip it with the blender. Wooo... you have a yummy whipped cream...
I am not sure about the reason why my cake was hard, may be it was more baking powder or old baking powder, I felt its not that soft.. may be will try soon again to find out the mistake.
The recipe is here: (I have edited it according to my taste)
Cocoa powder - 1/8 cup
APF - 1/4 cup
Sugar(Granule) - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - a pinch
Hot water 1 tbsp(If required)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Sugar syrup - 1/8 cup to soak the cake(mix equal qty of water and sugar and mix well)
Whipped cream - 1 cup
Cherries- 1/2 cup, one boil, remove seeds. Chop few cherries to spread and keep few cherries full to decorate.
- Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla essence over hot water till custard consistency.
- Add Sieved APF, cocoa powder, baking powder and a baking soda.
- Mix it. Add little water. Mix and cut.
- Put in a greased and dusted 6inch tin and bake in a preheated over at 180 degree for 30 minutes. RElease sides. Remove and cool.
- Cut in to 2 equal halves with a thread and soak with sugar syrup.
- If you have a ready whipped cream thats fantastic., or if you have whipped cream powder prepare the cream by adding water and keep it ready in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- take the first half of the cake. Apply the cream, Spread chopped cherries.
- Keep the second half of the cake on it. Soak with sugar syrup. Apply the cream again.
- Decorate with the cherries and grated chocolate(I did not had chocolate :-( )
- Keep in the fridge for sometime before you serve.
Sending it to the ongoing event
Which is started by ME.
Keep Baking :-)))