Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Daughter turned sweet 7

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi all,

Yesterday was my elder daughter’s birthday. She turned seven. So fast! She is very understanding, caring and matured for her age.
This year, one more reason to be happy is she got “Outstanding performance certificate” in her final exams. She is only in grade 1, but the girl who knew nothing other than writing A to Z and numbers only from 1 to 20, when she returned back from India after a year gap, to get this certificate, is really appreciable. In her first term, she could not answer any questions, as she did not know to read sentences. And it was a challenge for me too. After screaming, shouting,crying and beating (very bad mother!) and her continuous effort have given her the sweet fruit. And! my husband's cooperation to take care of younger one, when we are studying! Her teacher was very happy and she told it’s really a brilliant effort!! What else parents can expect other than this for their children. We both thank God to bless us this child.
We both are proud of her.
Wishing her a very happy birthday and bless many more to come.
Yesterday, she wanted to have Idli. So I thought of making Idli cake and give her. She was happy to have it.
And she was so happy, when one of her friends, brought her a box of chocolate ice cream than so many big gifts. This is what I call "Sweet Seven"
Keep smiling,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today is my first visit to your blog. Though am a Goan, I love Karnataka cuisine. Noted many of your recipes and going to give them a try soon. Your daughter's birthday is approaching soon. Expecting many more yummy recipes in the future. Keep up the good work.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog