Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My first event roundup (flopped)!!!

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
These 2 days, I am very sad!!! Now I can empathize the film team, whose movie is a flop!!! Yes, I am feeling so bad that I did not get entries for my event! I do not know, where I went wrong, or did I make any mistake in organizing the event.!!! I got only entry from Nithu!! I am not understanding whether to try my luck again in organizing another event or just go on blogging my recipes without any expectation!!! I am feeling like crying for this!!! Each day I got up with the hope that my inbox will be full of event entries!! I extended the last date for my event hoping that at least I will get last minute entries!!! But till today I received only two entries and that too only from  Nithu. I know it is not compulsory for any one to participate! Anyways, I will not pull my complaint list.
Thank you so much Nithu for your participation.  Here are your and mine entries for my great first event!!!!


Nithu's first entry, here she explains the games:  Raja, Rani, Thirudan & Police; kola kola ya mundrika; oru kudam thanni oothi.



Nithu's second entry, in this she has given the details of the games: Action, Freeze and Ease" and another game is "Passing the Secret".
Now, 3 entries from my blog,



I got these entries after I posted the above ones.
I am adding Shama's entry :
CHOTANGKALLU (GAME WITH STONES) here she explains this beautiful game, we call it "Aane Kallu aata". Elders believe that if we play this game before rainy season starts, it will not rain that year. I do not believe in it. But enjoy it till today!
One more entry from Shama, 
Palangguli : we call it as "Aali guli mane" and we also play with tamarind seeds but with 5 seeds in each house. She got the beautiful piece. The one I got in the house is simple one!



I am hurt!!! 

Keep Smiling,

16 comments:

Srivalli said...

Oh Nive..I am so sorry. I really tried to think of those games but couldn't get around making them. Pls don't loose heart! Have some events on food, I will surely send entries..cheer up girl!

Shama Nagarajan said...

dear...please dont get upset..sorry..have 2 entries for the event...i forgot the deadline...made it last week....it has been posted in my handicrafts blog...can u add this to ur roundup....

Nivedita Thadani said...

Thanks Valli,
And
Shama
If you send me the link, I will add it and repost the event round up!!

Nithya said...

Really very sorry dear. I badly wanted to make it. I was planning to do a post on pallanguzhi, but somehow it dint work out. I am still not able to locate the game in my rack. Really sorry dear. Dont feel hurt. Cheer up. I promise to participate in your next event. Come on.. come with a bang. You announce anything and I will surely be a part of it.

MyExperimentsWithFood said...

Hi Nivedita,
I wanted to send in my entry for kacha kaaya (game with 5 stones) for your event, but you know I do not know how to explain really. I even book marked your event page too, but tried and failed to explain, so refrained from posting. Please start an event on food and see how many entries you will get. Sorry for not coming up with an entry.

Nithu Bala said...

Don't worry dear..you'l get more entries in your next event..Cheer Up:-) thanks for including my entries..nice roundup too..

Kiran said...

Hi Nivedita,I wanted to send in the entries about Kabbadi,KhoKho,Edu Penkula AAta(Ball game with 7 stones),Stambala Aata(Pillars game).I typed 2 entries in word and needed to type the other two.I was not very well the last few weeks and didn't do much with my blog too.I did not realise the timeline and by the time I wrote to you it was already late.
Don't feel bad and sorry for disappointing .

Priya Suresh said...

Hi Nivi, dont worry dear, can guess how hard it would be..dont feel hurt..cheer up come on..will try to participate in ur next event for the sure..

Suma said...

Hi Nivedita! So sorry, I did not send a n entry as I am not much of games person. Please do organize a food event, am sure it will be a huge success!!

Pavithra Srihari said...

I am so sorry Nive, when you had announced this event I wanted to send in atleast a couple of entries like aadu puli and nondi . Somehow missed it sweet heart.Dont lose your heart, announce any event I will be a part of it.Promise. Cheer up Cheer up !!

Raks said...

Hi nivedita,please don't loose heart,or feel bad,I am feeling sorry that i hav not participated...really sorry ,but don't feel bad,nothing to feel bad,if you organize again will sure send in my contribution!
Cheers raji

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi all,
Thank you so much for the support. I think I will not be a good host to conduct any event.
I need time!!
But for sure I will keep blogging my recipes. Hope you all will be with me.

Lakshmi said...

dont get disappointed..
I know many but the problem is how to explain them..
some are in the attic..definitely will take the pics n post them today.
of all i like kuntabille..
we dont know the english words by tht time since we are studying in kannada medium school..we used to say hamarite (it is am i right)..haha..nostalgic moments really..

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

I appreciate your initiatives in remembering the old games. I am sorry for not being of help to you.

Veggie Hut said...

dont be disheartened.. i was planning for rumaal chor, lock and key and pillar game.. now when i am seeing this round up.. I realised..it just slipped off.. will surely take part in your next events.. cheer up girl..

Kalyani said...

The theme of the event is a bit demanding, in the sense you should have the knowledge of the forgotten games and should be able to explain it well and out of place for a food blog.Had it been about forgotten recipes, I am sure you'd have got a good response from fellow bloggers.
Cheer up, all the best for your next event.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog