Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eggless Chocolate Cake (Food Remake)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
I pinched myself for many times!! Is it a dream or real!Is it me who did this! 
Wait, Wait! I am not writing any suspense story. 
I baked an egg less cake and it came out real! It was spongy, it was moist, it was sweet, it was just perfect except the top crust. That was my mistake as I baked it on High temperature than mentioned.

After I brought OTG, I am not getting full time to concentrate on baking. But today I made it a point to bake a cake. But I am restricted to use Egg because of Shravana Month. So my hunting started to browse for egg less cake. As usual I landed into Sailu's world. You search anything related to food. There are few blogs where you will be directed and Sailu's  Sailu’s Kitchen is among one of those.
Ohh, she got many egg less baking recipes with her. As all of you know about my daughter's love for chocolate, I chose THIS one.
And I followed her recipe 99%, my 1% mistake was I baked it on 180degree C whereas she had mentioned to bake it on 150 degree C.
So the top crust was cracked. 
And best thing what I did was, I took little batter and put it in cup cake mold to bake. Check the click to see my wonderful baby cakes!!

My camera has some ego problem it seems! It never gives me proper flash or light when I need it. Its become difficult for me to take good photos. I don't want to buy new one now. I have to carry on with my this old friend only. I could not take nice photos of my big cake. (Please do not compare my click with her's when you visit her blog!)


I cut the top crust and took the photo. The taste was tooooo good and I never thought I can bake a cake like this.
Thanks Sailu for such a wonderful and easy recipe. I have also given the recipe with little extra tips.

Coming to the recipe:
Butter - 1/2 cup(at room temperature)
or 
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup

Brown sugar - 2 tbsp(if you do not have, use normal sugar and let me know, I think it should not make much difference)
Water - 2/3 cup
Sweetened Condensed milk - 1 tin(400gm), I used Nestle
Maida or APF - 1 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp(Use new one, the cake will not come out good if Baking soda and powder are old)
Baking Powder - 1 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
  1. Grease and dust an 8" baking pan of desired shape
  2. Preheat over to 150degree C.
  3. Sieve APF, baking powder, Baking soda, cocoa powder and salt at least 3 times and keep aside.(It helps the flour to get mixed properly and get aerated. 
  4. Mix the sugar, butter, condensed milk and water with blender or beater.
  5. Add the Vanilla essence and flour slowly in batches to this to get the batter of ribbon consistency.
  6. Bake in preheated over for 40-45 minutes of till you get clean toothpick out of the cake when you insert it.
  7. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RECIPE TO GET GOOD RESULT.
  8. DO NOT OVER BEAT THE BATTER.
  9. DO NOT KEEP THE BATTER OUTSIDE FOR LONG TIME ONCE IT IS READY.IT SHOULD GO DIRECTLY INTO THE PAN AND THEN INTO THE OVEN.
Wonderful cake is ready to serve. If you are lucky to get the ingredients to decorate the cake you can do it. I do not get whipped cream here, and I still have to learn to make it at home. Till then enjoy my cake without makeup!
Sending this to,
And  the  Bake Off event by  Champa of Versatile Kitchen
And this is going to
EFM - Cakes and Bakes Series! hosted by  Sri of  Me and My Kitchen .

Keep Smiling,

18 comments:

Sandhya Hariharan said...

cute... i baked one too yday...
used wholewheat flour instead of APF

Champa said...

I am glad you were happy with the cake. It does look very spongy. Thanks for the entry and keep baking.

Ragini Miranda's Kitchen said...

Nice one Nivedita ..baking is always a very satisfying experience,isn't it ?

Hayley said...

lovely and yummy cake...! you are on a roll aren't you?:)

Priya Suresh said...

Spongy cake looks yummy..

Urmi said...

Cake looks soft, spongy, yummy and tempting. Wonderful recipe.

Anonymous said...

this looks soo yummy....n sooo spongy...:)

http://punjabifooddiary.blogspot.com/

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious cake..perfectly baked.

Usha said...

Cake looks soft and spongy ! Delicious....

Satya said...

wonderful cake recipe dear ..cake looks super soft n very inviting too ..love ur eggless version ..yummy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Nitha said...

Cake looks delicious..

Unknown said...

Hi Niveditha,

A eggless chocolate cake...wow...

dat was amazing!!

Sameena@

www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com
www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Sanjeeta kk said...

A lovely recipe and a cute write up, Nivedita.

veena said...

wow!!!! cake lokks so soft

Nivedita Thadani said...

Thanks everyone.

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear nivedita
I feel good to read your comment at my blog and that my tips on Malware were helpful.
You too have a nice space. let me see what great dishes you have for me here.
have a nice weekend

Aparna S Mallya said...

Congratulations on yr first eggless chocolate cake!!

Riya Singh said...

Looks amazing - love the simple eggless recipe., Thanks for sharing....!
Chowringhee

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog