Friday, September 10, 2010

Mixed Fruit Curry for "COOK AND CLICK -4"

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Next recipe for the event   "Cook and Click" . This is for SEPTEMBER 11th to SEPTEMBER 20thCook  Click here also for the details Event Announcement - "COOK AND CLICK" :
I took it from "BAY BOOKS COOKERY COLLECTION"
THE QUANTITY GIVEN IN THE BOOK IS FOR 6 PERSONS. 
YOU CAN REDUCE THE QUANTITY ACCORDING TO YOUR NEED.
I have changed only one ingredient from the original recipe as I do not get this here at my place. If you are getting it, you can use the same:
Crystallized ginger - 4 to 5 pieces
(I do not get it here, so I will use the normal ginger) - 1" piece - peeled and cut
Hot water
Onions - 2, chopped
Butter - 60 gm
Crushed coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Curry Powder - 1 tbsp
Plain flour - 1 tbsp
Veg stock or chicken stock - 2 cups
Lime juice - 2 tsp
Black pepper - 2 tsp, freshly ground
Grate coconut - 3 cups
Chopped mixed fruits - 4 to 5 cups(Melons, peaches, plums, grapes, bananas, apples, pears or any other fruits available)
Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
1 If using crystallized ginger :
Cover ginger with hot water for a few minutes to remove sugar, drain, pat day and chop.
2. Sauté onions in butter until tender.
3. Stir in ginger coriander seeds, curry powder and flour.
4. Cook gently for minutes.
5. Gradually add stock, stirring rapidly.
Bring to boil, add lemon juice and season to taste.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in coconut, fruits and cream.
(there is no salt mentioned in the book, but I feel we should add little salt as per taste)

I hope at least this time I will get few clicks. This is very interesting curry!


Send the following details before SEPTEMBER 20THto nivedita.mt@gmail.com with subject "COOK AND CLICK- 4" :
your name, 
blog name, 
url of the link  and 
the photo attached.
Non bloggers can send the details to my mail.
NO need to retype the recipe. Just link back this one in your post. 
Please share your experience about this dish.
If you already got this recipe in your archive, share the experience.

Any suggestions, new ideas are welcome. 
(If you have any special recipe which you want cook with others here, you can send it to me. I will add it in the event with your details, whenever possible)

Keep Smiling,

6 comments:

Keri said...

Hello Nivedita. This dish is beautiful and unusual. Just like all of your other creations, it's a work in perfection.

Just an FYI, your sandwich has been posted on Sandwich 365.com in a sneak peek for the world to see. Go and check it out. Contest winner to be announced on Sunday the 12th. Thanks again for participating. Keri www.samwich365.com

Ragini Miranda's Kitchen said...

refreshing and healthy drink !!

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely dear !!!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

no picture?

Nivedita Thadani said...

Thanks Keri, Ragini, Priya and Mahima
@ Ragini : It is not a drink it is a curry served with rice or chapati.
@ Mahima :
This is an event where I give the recipe and you should prepare it, click it and send it to me.

123 said...

hmm...sounds yummy but i'm not into cooking at present...will try it once i enter this field....keep blogging and all the best!

By the way:
hi.........i'm a 15 year old blogger.....currently taking part in the "My Demand" contest......
please read my post n support me by voting if u find it interesting....

My post link: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=30629

Greetings,
Mohammed!

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog