Tried and tasted by Nivedita
WISHING EVERY ONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.... MAY GOD BRING ONLY THE BEST THINGS IN THIS YEAR.
This is my first post in this year 2011.Two nights party and hectic schedule kept me away from blogging. Today I am here with a sweet to start my year so that, the whole year I will keep blogging on sweet things. I am following my fellow bloggers who started the year with halwa. I am here with carrot and dates halwa which I prepared for dinner tonight. It was delicious.
My DH got 2 boxes of mini(90g) condensed milk tins and kept for me as I love to use it in my desserts instead of sugar.
I will be waiting for the chance to use these mini tins which I love to eat just like that if I do not have time to make sweet but desire to have a bite.
Here are the ingredients:
Carrot - 2 big, cleaned, grated
Condensed milk - 1 tin(90g)
Dates - 6(Soaked in 1/4 cup warm milk for 15 to 20 min)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Sliced or grated almonds - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
- Take 2 tbsp of grated carrot and add it to the dates.
- Grind this into paste.
- Transfer this into a M/W safe bowl.
- Add the remaining carrot. Mix well and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes to remove the raw smell of the carrot.
- Take the bowl out, add the condensed milk and cardamom powder. Cook on HIGH for 3 more minutes.
- Remove, add the sliced or grated almonds and ghee. Mix well and cook on HIGH till the mixture becomes thick(as it looks in the photo). It may take 3 to 5 minutes as per the M/W settings.
- Serve it hot with cold ice cream ball or refrigerate it before serving to enjoy the chilled halwa.