Wednesday, August 28, 2013

O(pen)ATS SESAME, GINGER BARFI for PPCS

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
So how are you all?Girls from POTLUCK PARTY CYBER STYLE ! Are you all ready with the recipe from your partner's blog?
I am here with Nayana's recipe. Actually, she has posted Coffee n White Chocolate Panna Cotta  for the party . But,  sorry dear, my family is allergic to Gelatin and agar agar. I did not wanted to take a chance by preparing your dish. But I will make it some other day when I will be having guests at home.
And to get agar agar is a big problem in my city. I need to search a lot. China grass is available. I have used to many times in making custard but it has not set properly and don't want to spoil the dish. 


I checked her recipe index and most of her Western desserts are with Agar agar.  Then I thought of making some Indian sweets. At first I chose mysore-paak, but when I saw this recipe, I was happy because it has til and ginger which are my elder daughter's favorite and it has oats which makes it healthy. 
Please do visit her page for wonderful recipes.
The link for this recipe in her blog is HERE
Coming to MY recipe,
I have reduced the quantity as I had only 1/3 cup(80ml) of til. Still I got 10 medium size barfi.
And my barfi turned out white as the jaggery I used is white one. 

Ingredients :
Sesame Seeds - 1/3 cup
Oats - 1/3 cup 
Jaggery - 1/3 cup
Fresh Ginger grated - 1 1/2" or 2"
Ghee - 1 tbsp(I thought of pampering my barfis little bit)

Method 
Dry roast the sesame seeds till they splutter 
and oats separately for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool.
Grind the ginger for few seconds in a mixi. Add both the sesame seeds and oats. Churn to make course paste.
Grease a small plate with ghee and keep it ready.
Heat ghee in a thick bottomed kadai. 
Add the jaggery and bring it to a boil. 
Check the consistency  by taking a drop and putting it in a cold water bowl. If it hardens immediately then the syrup is done. 
Add the ready paste(or mixture). Mix well. 
Spread it on a greased plate. 
Allow it to cool. Cut into desired shapes.
Your healthy sesame seeds, oats and ginger barfi is ready to serve. 
My daughter and my hubby both enjoyed these barfis,
Thanks Nayana for such an easy and wonderful sweet recipe.
Sending this to Jagruti's event 


Keep Smiling, 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog