Sunday, January 24, 2010

Corn flakes chewda(reposted for repost event)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi all,
This was my recipe posted on March 17, 2009 in my blog.  I used to prepare it when I was in UAE. This was my tea time snack. 
I  had sent this recipe to Radio 4 FM, and the RJ Charu called me to talk on air about this. She is a sweet lady. I have spoken to her many times on air. And she always used reply to my mails. Radio was my addiction when I was in UAE, and believe me, I used to on the radio at 5 in the morning while preparing breakfast for my husband and daughter. 

Here is the recipe for Cornflakes chewda. Very easy and fast to make. Children will love it. If they don't like to eat cornflakes with milk, this is the best way to give them.




Normal cornflakes - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Dalia (Puthani) - 2 tbsp
roasted peanut-2 tbsp
curry leaves few
chilli powder - 1 tsp
salt to taste
sugar - 1tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
salted cashew nuts -10 to 12
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, jeera. Then add curry leaves, Dalia. Fry for one minute and off the gas.
After a minute, add roasted peanuts, cashew nuts, salt, sugar and chilly powder. Keep it aside. Once its cold add cornflakes. mix properly.
Good filler for kids and elders can enjoy with a hot cup of tea.
Even you can add raw onion, tomato, fresh coriander, green chilly and lime juice to make it like a chat.
Here is the link for old post:  cornflakes chewda

I AM SENDING THIS RECIPE TO PJ'S Tasty Bites For Toddlers

Sending this to The repost event and another set of rules held by Jaya of Desi Soccer Mom.
the repost event
Thanks to Jaya for holding such an unique event.
I have written the fresh lines in bold and italic letters so that you all can understand which is added new. 

Keep smiling,

2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

chivda is a treat with a mug of hot coffee or tea. Cornflakes chivda must be more crunchier.

Hayley said...

Chivda is my most favorite snack and corn chivda!!!don't ask me, i could eat for b'fast,lunch and dinner..looks cruchy and munchy..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog