Sunday, June 21, 2009

Missing UAE




Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi
So at last I reached and settled in India. I have so many good and bad experiences, which I will writer little later.
Now as I am missing many things from UAE, thought of writing about that first.
Even though I have already moved to India, my heart is still there in UAE. It takes time for me to come out.(one more reason is my husband is still staying there)
I am very happy that I came back to India,and waiting to do lot of things which I couldnot do back in UAE.
But, yes! I miss UAE for so many reasons, It has given me a chance to start the life in a new and totally different way..
I started to speak in English, which was not at all possible in India. When I went there first time, I missed many interviews, only because I could not speak English properly. Even though I am not perfect now also, but I can talk with confidence with less mistakes. I used to feel very insecured and inferior. I am thankful to UAE, it gave me self confidence. I learnt a lot of things here only.
I was explored to the new world of food. I tasted so many international cuisine and enjoyed every bite.. I could meet many people from every corner of the world. I got a chance to see the lifestyle of people from different countries.
Now after coming back and knowing that I will not go back again, I miss few things(food), which are not available here at my place. Mainly, Chicken showrma, Falafel sandwich. I always loved Hummus, Garlic paste and Tabouleh. These things I can make at home. But I miss the aroma coming from Pakistani roti shop, and showrma shop.
I miss non vegetarian food, as it is not possible for me to cook at my mother's place.
I miss the busy streets with traffic jam (used to scold the same when I was there), I miss the regular water and power supply!!
I think I will continue the saga of my stay in UAE in the future also.
Bye for now. Catch me with my "BACK TO INDIA" experiences soon.

(I am attaching a photo of Hummus, Garlic paste and Tabouleh, which I had just few days before I came.)

Keep smiling,

No comments:

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog