Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remixed and Reposted recipes for 2 events

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
 Am I a lazy person or  am I a last minute person? Depends :-). I keep on delaying the works till the deadline.
Then, just before 2 days of any project(let it be here in blogging or my school work or selecting a saree to wear for any function), I will start my work. This is what happened with me this month. But, I had genuine reasons to postpone the posting.
Here, now I am with many recipes under one post for different events. These are from my archived posts.

First one:

Sending


Garlic Rice:
(original link here)

Left over rice - 1 cup
Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Curry leaves - few
Garlic - 8 to 10 small cloves( 4 to 6 if taking big one)
Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Salt taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
Fresh coriander - 1 tbsp, chopped to garnish
Heat oil in a kadai. When hot, add mustard seeds and wait till splutter. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, onion and fry for few seconds.  Add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add the rice, mix well. Add sugar and fresh coriander. Cook for a minute. Cover and keep for few minutes for rice to get the garlic flavor. 
Enjoy hot garlic rice.

Single serve



(the brainchild of  Siri)



Second One:
Sending





Keep Smiling,

6 comments:

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Hmmmm..droolworthy recipes,love them

kitchen queen said...

lovely and wonderful recipes.

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious recipes..beautiful entries Nivi..

Unknown said...

You are neither lazy not last minute person. I see you preparing so many specials just for event. I can never do that. Love both the recipes.

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy delights

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I too have this habit of postponing things :-) Nice entries for the events.
How are you doing Nivedita?

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog