Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Paneer is my all time favorite and I keep trying different recipes with it.
This one is in microwave and I thought of not using Onion and Garlic and give it a try. I was not sure about the taste. But it came out really tasty.
Paneer - 200 gm (I took ready Paneer from the stores), cut in to desired shape, I like the long strips
Shelled peas - 50 gm (you can use frozen also)
Tomato - 1 big, grated to get the juice or puree
Ginger - 1/2", cleaned and crushed
Oil - 1 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cardamom - 1
Clove - 1
Cinnamon - 1 small piece
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
Coconut powder - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Mix the coconut powder in water to get thick milk. Adjust according to the liquid. If it becomes thick add some more water and if its watery add some more powder.
- Heat oil in M/W Safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute
- Add the whole garam masala and again heat HIGH for 30 seconds
- Now add crushed ginger and again heat on HIGH for 30 seconds
- Add tomato puree, mix well and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stirring in between after 1 minute.
- Add Salt, red chilly powder and peas.
- Cook on HIGH for a minute.
- Add coconut milk, Paneer and little water.
- Mix well and COOK on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes stirring in between. Please check the timing as each M/W has different settings. Mine is 800 as HIGH.
- Add Fresh cream, mix well.
- Allow to stand for few minutes.
Paneer Matar is ready to serve.
Sending this to